Heavy Fabricator / Welder
Advertiser: Farra EngineeringMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2020
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Industrial Engineering
About the business
For over 150 years Farra has been a central part of the engineering community within Dunedin. As a full-service engineering company our team provide innovative and practical engineering solutions to a wide range of local and international customers.
Our solutions are raising the bar and include creating and revolutionising access maintenance equipment, building storage tanks and silos, breathing new life into some of the biggest dams across Australasia and much, much more…you name it, we can create it.
As part of our team you won't have a boring old job, you will have variety, with projects always pushing the boundary of the possible, and the foundations for a life-long career.
About the role
We have exciting opportunities for a Heavy Fabricator / Welder to join our Dunedin Team.
The main focus of the role will include:
- Fabrication of steel structures from detailed drawings.
- Repairs and maintenance on plant and equipment.
- Pressing, rolling and forming of steel materials.
- Welding to comply with AS/NZS and international welding standards.
- Fitting duties both onsite and in the workshop.
- Working out of town.
This role will suit:
- Qualified tradespeople experienced or newly qualified.
- Fabricators with at least 3 years engineering experience.
- People looking for an exciting career in engineering.
Skills & Experience
We require people with the below attributes:
- Have a strong knowledge base of mild steel fabrication and certified welding, trade qualification in medium to heavy fabrication preferred.
- Be self-motivated, practical thinker and problem solver.
- Able to work independently and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Be competent in producing consistent welding to standard AS/NZS 2980 or equivalent.
- Have a good work ethic and attitude.
- Ability to interpret drawings accurately.
- Must have good planning skills and be organised.
What's on Offer
- Joining a progressive solution focused organisation that can do like no other with proven results.
- Becoming part of a dedicated customer focused team, where people matter
- Exciting projects where no two days are ever the same.
- The chance to build a successful career with ongoing career and development opportunities
- Competitive Remuneration
- An environment where interactions are conducted in a straight up manner
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Apply online now!
To find out more about Farra and the excited projects we get to be a part of please visit: www.farra.co.nz.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?