Maintenance Weekend Service
Advertiser: Southern Paprika LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Jan 2020
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Maintenance
Southern Paprika Limited (SPL) is a leading New Zealand capsicum grower located in Warkworth. We currently operate 27 hectares of glasshouse and have plans for further expansion. SPL supplies capsicum to large domestic and export markets.
We require a motivated individual to join our maintenance team to work Friday to Monday providing weekend servicing and cover for approximately half of our NZ public holidays.
You will assist with all types of maintenance of plant, equipment and buildings. You will specialise in operation and preventative maintenance of our packhouse equipment which is mostly completed over the weekend when our packhouse is not operating. Your ability to problem solve and then repair will be important.
You will also work alongside and provide back up to our weekend support person learning about the operation of the glasshouses and our site. This will include:
- Completing glasshouse checks across the entire site and measuring water overflows twice daily.
- Ensuring our irrigation and water systems are functioning correctly.
- Learning about our glasshouse control system to assist with alarms and callouts.
- Checking our acid/bicarb drums and temperature boxes, refilling as required.
- Ensuring our fertiliser tanks are filled and operating correctly.
- Other odd maintenance and glasshouse jobs as requested.
- Self-motivated to work independently.
- Mechanically minded and enjoys hands on tasks.
- Happy to sometimes work in the heat and humidity of our glasshouses.
- Experience within a production oriented/manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
- You must be keen to learn, a problem solver who shows initiative.
- Current driver licence.
- Committed to weekend and public holiday work, including being on call.
If this weekend role would suit your lifestyle please send a covering letter explaining why you would like this position and your CV.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?