Head of Partnerships and Marketing (aka Creator of Raving Fans)
Advertiser: Young Enterprise TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2020
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Account & Relationship Management
This exciting role is perfect for a strong account manager or salesperson who also has a love of marketing and events. We regularly say a priority is to “create raving fans” and this is where this role fits in. We aren’t just dependent on all of our stakeholders – we truly love working with them.
In this role, you will look after our key stakeholders and drive engagement and excitement within those groups. At a core level, this role is responsible for retaining and securing new funding. But this role goes well beyond just sponsorship as it's about the thousands of people who support us as alumni, parents, volunteers and just "friends of Young Enterprise".
Key Responsibilities of Role
This role takes direct responsibility and personally looks after our stakeholder management. Within this area, the key responsibilities include:
- Sponsorship and Fundraising (we have around 40 amazing partners here)
- Other key stakeholder groups (such as alumni and volunteers)
In addition, this role manages three key functional areas (with four direct reports). These are:
- Marketing and Communications
- Event Management
- Support / Customer Service
Essential skills and experiences:
- Strong people skills – someone who really loves engaging with others
- Account management skills – ability to help our partners activate their sponsorship
- Marketing experience – ideally some background with digital marketing channels
- Communication skills – strong skills in oral and written communication
- Business acumen – ability to manage a budget
- Organisational skills – ability to prioritise
- External passion – critical to this role is someone who can excite others and bring them on a journey
It would be useful if the candidate has:
- Sales experience (hunting new business)
- Fundraising experience (managing donors)
- A demonstrated interest with youth (a passion for what Young Enterprise does)
As a lean, nimble charity it is important for all team members to balance the tensions between thinking and doing, between being self-sufficient and working as a team player. As such, it is important that you are:
- An innovator – thinking of new things, thinking strategically
- Improvement orientated – always looking at how we do things better
- A hustler – a multi-tasker who rolls up your sleeves and gets things done (a "GSD" attitude)
- Results orientated – knowing how to prioritise so that you focus on achievement over activity
- Flexible – because no two days are alike, and everyone chips in wherever is needed
- Customer focused – because we exist for our students. And we only achieve what we do because of our extended family (funders, teachers, partners, volunteers, alumni and other stakeholders).
Our brand values are very important to us, and we look for these attributes in everyone who works for us:
- Love What You Do – working for Young Enterprise is more than having a job or a career, it is about having purpose and passion.
- Connect & Collaborate – our strength lies not just in how we work together as a team, but how we connect with our "extended family" and collaborate with like-minded organisations and individuals.
- Try New Stuff – we model ourselves on the start-up ecosystem we are trying to help build. We love pilots and value the ability to innovate but also accept failures and the need to pivot.
- Make It Real – theory only goes so far. The best learning for our students and ourselves, is an authentic one where the experience is real.
- Aim for Awesome – because that's what makes all of the above great.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM FRIDAY 31st JANUARY
Don't forget to tell us why you want this role! If you have any questions or want a copy of the full Position Description, please email email@example.com
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in a client services / account management role?