Supply Chain/Procurement Specialist
Advertiser: Nicola Deason ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jan 2020
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
Business & Team:
Manta5’s seven-year visionary journey to replicate the cycling experience on water has since become an ‘overnight’ start up success. The Hydrofoiler™ XE-1 is now recognised by the likes of Forbes and Red Bull as one of the hottest new water sports products, and the team are pushing hard to capitalise on this viral global awareness. With award-winning design and a growing highly-capable team who are aligned by a common purpose and strong culture, Manta5 are on a mission to become the new frontier of cycling.
The production and supply chain team play a pivotal role in the commercial success of Manta5, delivering on the promise of a quality product that customers will love. If we do our job right, these pre-sale ‘early adopters’ will become product evangelists, building consumer trust and paving the way for Manta5 to scale sales and production.
We now need the skills, talent and enthusiasm of an experienced procurement specialist to lead our move into mass production. The ideal candidate will happily move from procurement to supply chain activities. You will be an allrounder capable of not only establishing strategy but implementing it.
As a product development company you need to be comfortable with rapid change and have the dexterity to effectively moderate hype and reality as we set the world on fire with this new product.
This role is based on our Manta 5 – international HQ – Te Rapa, Hamilton, NZ
- 5+ years’ experience in either supply chain mgt and/or procurement:
- Asian contract manufacturers
- Mechanical & Electronic products
- Proven experience in working with Asian suppliers and not only negotiating favorable terms, but achieving success with implementation and effective relationship management
- Affinity with engineering products capable of understanding engineering specifications
- Experience with a variety of supply chain management software / systems
Ideal experience & skills:
- Chinese speaking
- Team leadership and mentoring
- Battery logistics
- Ability to travel internationally if required
- Affinity with sports and active lifestyle
- Business acumen
- Can cope with ambiguity and the changing environment of a high growth business
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a procurement specialist?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?