Advertiser: Cascade International LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Warm Windows (WW) is a market leading manufacturer of UPVC windows and doors. The business has been in trade for over 14 years and is conveniently based in the East Tamaki/Highbrook area.
Due to the internal re-structure, we now have the opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our dynamic team on a permanent basis. The role will be initially part-time (30 hours per week), and may subsequently become a full-time position depending on the workload.
This newly created role will be part of the management team and will be responsible for managing all finance, accounting and reporting functions for the Company. In addition, the position will provide high-level, comprehensive support to the Managing Directors and the Operations Manager.
Key aspects/deliverables of the role include:
As the Finance Manager, you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor to the Management Team, supporting the financial decision-making process through the accurate provision of financial reports, forecasts and budgets.
The focus of this role will be to undertake the day to day accounting, finance and HR requirements on behalf of the company, working alongside the wider operations team to develop and implement solutions within the financial space that will improve the effective delivery of expected outcomes within this area.
Working with the Operations Manager, you will ensure that the right processes, controls, systems and structures are in place to deliver on our financial auditory and compliance objectives.
You will bring superior financial accounting expertise and proficiency, combined with outstanding relationship skills that align with the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will need possess strong attention to detail, organisation skills, accounting experience and business acumen. You will need to enjoy working cross-functionally at all levels of the organisation and getting stuck in to see positive results for all.
- Ensure WW finances are managed to appropriate accounting standards.
- Process all accounts payable and receivable on time.
- Monthly reconciliation of all accounts and payroll
- Manage accurate and timely GST recording and reporting requirements
- Manage and prepare accurate accounts for monthly and annual reporting purposes, both internally and externally
- Work with the Management Team on financial planning, budget development, and financial/commercial decisions as required
- Manage HR function for the company. Support Payroll processing needs of the company
- Engage and manage external relationships with suppliers, professional consultants, IRD, Banks, and any other applicable stakeholders
- Manage cash flow and all banking requirements
- Develop and maintain the financial systems, processes and procedures to ensure they are efficient, up to date and support the company in meeting its reporting and audit obligations.
- Manage all other accounting/finance-related projects as they arise
Skills and experience
- Relevant Finance degree and professional qualification are preferred.
- Broad experience of the full end to end financial operation in a similar sized organisation in New Zealand.
- Advanced working experience with accounting packages, preferably Xero.
- Excellent accounting background and knowledge of accounting and finance compliance, month end closing, general ledger, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to properly analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Strong organisational and excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills of a high professional standard.
- Be able to lead and take ownership of all areas of the finance function.
- Be results orientated, proactive and able to solve complex problems.
- Be able to work autonomously and be driven to achieve results
A competitive rate of pay will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To express your interest in this position, please send your current CV and cover letter by clicking on the apply button below
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have with forecasting for businesses?