Community Lawyer - 155 Taitokerau Community Law
Advertiser: 155 Community HouseMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Northland, Whangarei
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Generalists - In-house
Are you interested in working in an environment that requires a sound knowledge of legal and social issues, has a commitment to professionalism and delivering social justice?
155 Taitokerau Community Law Service has a position for a community lawyer based in Whangarei, serving communities throughout Taitokerau. Lawyer's from graduate to senior level are invited to apply.
You will meet with individuals and whanau at our office and outreach clinics. You will work closely with our community lawyers, paralegals, legal secretaries and the wider 155 team.
We are looking for someone with:
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the needs of Maori.
- Ability to work across a broad range of legal issues
- Ability to work with people from different socio-economic back grounds.
- Ability to design and deliver legal education packages to community organisations.
- Hold a current Practising Certificate or entitled to obtain one.
- A full current driver’s licence is essential
A salary range between $44,000 - $75,000 (40 hours per week) linked to experience. As an organisation we offer additional bonus days leave over Christmas, along with 2 selfcare days through the year. A comprehensive training package is also offered in line with your job description. Hours are negotiable between 32 – 40 hours per week.
For a job description please email email@example.com
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 13 December.