Service Desk Consultant
Advertiser: Stats NZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Service Desk Consultant
- IT Service Desk
- Permanent – Full Time
Who we are
At Stats NZ Tatauranga Aotearoa, our vision is to unleash the power of data to change lives. As New Zealand’s official data and statistics agency, we are tasked with leading the way for New Zealand’s data future, enabling data-led innovation across society, the economy, and the environment.
The purpose of the role
As a Service Desk Consultant you are accountable for providing high quality, effective customer service to our internal Stats NZ staff and working closely with our vendor partners.
You will be the first point of contact for IT incidents within our organisation, and provide on going support to all logged tickets reported via email, portal, phone and face to face interactions.
We are looking for someone with:
- exceptional customer service and ticket ownership skills;
- the aptitude to self manage and upskill;
- excellent attention to detail;
- the ability to apply practical common sense;
- Clear and honest communications with customers
- Setting realistic expectations;
- Articulate your ideas clearly and collaboratively.
- Have the confidence to engage with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrate good writing and verbal skills
- Explore and learn without prompting.
- Able to remain motivated performing routine work.
- Have good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive and self-managing - able to initiate and plan new work, carry on current job duties and meet time frames without direct supervision.
- Able to prioritise multiple work streams, and to meet all deadlines in a changing environment.
- Remain steady in a crisis.
Functional or role-specific technical competencies:
- Have a relevant diploma and/or a good tertiary academic record and/or relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of Service Desk methodologies and best practice.
- Proven experience providing exceptional customer service and support
- Have functional and Service Desk technical skills to meet the performance requirements of the position
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be joining an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion or background can come do their best work. Our goal is to provide our staff with a working environment that provides them with the opportunity to:
- have challenging, varied and interesting work
- develop and grow their careers
- balance life and work, and
- work in an agile, dynamic and flexible manner.
We work hard and play hard and operate as one team. Check your ego at the door. We don’t allow them on the property. We care about our people, and value your drive, energy and inquisitive nature. Bottom line, we are in search of real people that don’t believe in the status quo and seek to add value every day.
If you are a passionate and talented person relishes the idea of becoming part of NZ’s data ecosystem, then come join our team!
If this job sounds like you, for a copy of the Position Description please click this link: https://bit.ly/2P5ICcT
For more about working for us see http://careers.stats.govt.nz/.
Applications close: 16th December 2019