Advertiser: Functional Health ScreeningMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Functional Health Screening (FHS) is a growing functional pathology laboratory. We are currently looking for a part-time Laboratory Technician to join our team.
We are passionate about science, medicine & health, and we channel these passions through our laboratory work. We have state of the art technology and strategies when it comes to functional pathology, and we believe that our clients and patients deserve the best possible service, care & support, and so do our people.
We deliver this by demonstrating our core values at all times. These values are who we are, and they guide our decision making, providing the unique difference that we provide to our clients and how we go about our work. Our values are:
- We are the experts because we are always evolving, learning and improving.
- We take ownership, and personal responsibility to be the best.
- We are passionate about what we do, and we have fun doing it.
- We are a team, and we support each other, and together we make a difference.
- Our work is methodical and scrupulous.
The Laboratory Technician is primarily responsible for sample testing, instrument operation, specimen reception, data entry, general laboratory cleaning & maintenance, the creation & production of collection kits, and ad hoc. duties.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in a laboratory setting.
- High-level organisation skills and the ability to take responsibility and manage tasks independently without close supervision.
- Experience in a support role where you have been responsible for prioritising and completing a busy workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills together with the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously.
- High level of knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite/Google Docs.
- Strong customer service skills with a focused and responsive approach to managing enquiries.
Minimum qualification - Diploma in Laboratory Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution with subjects relevant to medical science, pathology or medical laboratory operations.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, busy and growing business, with opportunities for you to grow and learn and have a keen interest in medical science and health, then please apply.
Please enclose with your CV, a cover letter addressing the points above, your availability, potential start date, and why you think you'd be a great fit. Applications via Seek only.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11PM, SUNDAY, 15th DECEMBER 2019
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
RESPECTFULLY, NO AGENCIES AT THIS TIME.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?