Handyman / Building Maintenance
Advertiser: Jora New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Building Trades
We are one of the best construction services and facilities solutions provider in New Zealand. We maximise the value of our clients’ property by leveraging expertise in construction project management, waterproofing, building and property maintenance and facilities management.
We are proud to have technical experts and dedicated teams that we recognise as the foundation of our success.
- Minimum 5 years trade background – carpentry, plumbing, landscaping, electrical
- Health & Safety focused
- Customer focused
- Able to multi-task, prioritise, work to deadlines and work unsupervised
- Ability to use trade-based phone app
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team
- Honest and reliable in attendance - requires early morning starts.
- Previous experience and the ability to measure and quote on smaller works will be highly regarded.
- Site Safe, First Aid, EWP and Working at Heights training will be highly regarded.
The Career Opportunity
Due to unstoppable growth of our company, we are looking for a Building Maintenance Technician to join our happy Maintenance Team and be a strong all-rounder with a wide range of trade skills.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your duties will include:
- Perform maintenance tasks – plumbing, electrical, make repairs to buildings, doors, windows, framing, and grounds etc.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues as required.
- Quote on minor project works and coordinate staff & subcontractors where necessary
- Ensure cost-effective operations through proper care and maintenance of equipment, tools, materials, and supplies.
- Attend to after-hour calls and emergencies where required
- Report on the progress of tasks
What’s In It For you?
We offer a competitive pay and supportive Operations Manager and Maintenance team. You will enjoy a future-focused culture with a diverse team of experienced people who will help you do a great job.
Our Company benefits and initiatives include medical insurance, training, uniform, bimonthly Company Breakfast Award, bbqs, mobile phone, birthday holiday and social club.
If you are confident about your skills and the value you will add to a highly successful organisation, we want to hear from you. Apply Now!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.