Advertiser: Offsite Design LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Offsite Design Ltd are experts in off-site manufacture of timber buildings offering unique design and engineering services to prefabricators, contractors, and developers to help materialise the timber buildings of tomorrow.
From Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA), 3D modelling, 2D shop drawings, and file-to-factory export to drive CNC equipment and robots.
Timber construction and prefabrication are currently experiencing a renaissance in New Zealand, Australia, and overseas, e.g. smart CAD/CAM integrated fabrication processes are being introduced, panelised prefabrication is taken up by small and large companies, and cross- and parallel-laminated timber (CLT and PLT) are now produced at scale.
A shortage of affordable housing in Auckland and across the country demand an alternative approach to construction. Prefabricated timber buildings are seen as a key answer to this challenge.
Offsite Design Ltd is actively involved in these trends and we are keen to hire additional prefabrication designers from early 2020.
- Production of 3D models and 2D shop drawings (using Cadwork) supporting the prefabrication of a wide variety of timber buildings, across a range of typologies, from small family home to medium rise.
- Modelling of light timber frame (LTF) panelised as well as engineered mass timber structures for fabrication.
- 2D drafting/detailing, of factory and assembly documentation, using Cadwork.
- Strong experience in modelling timber structures using truss and frame software (e.g. Mitek or Pryda), other panelisation software (Cadwork or similar), or modelling of timber framed buildings for contstruction.
- In depth knowledge and experience of at least two of the following:
- NZS3604; Design and detailing of light timber framed buildings.
- Design and detailing of heavy timber structures (glulam, LVL, CLT, etc).
- Hands-on experience of construction or prefabrication of light timber framed buildings.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English.
- Self-starter, with energy, passion, and genuine interest and exposure to timber construction.
- Proven eye for detail.
- Work at the leading edge of timber prefabrication and off-site manufacture in this part of the world, including involvement in R&D projects moving the industry forward.
- An extremely wide variety of projects across the whole range of engineered timber products and building typologies; from tiny house to multi-storey/medium rise engineered timber structures (residential and commercial).
- A friendly team of individuals with a passion for building with timber and raising the quality of our built environment.
- Remuneration according to your skill set and experience.
- Chance to be part of some of the most exciting timber prefab projects in this part of the world.
Interested? Please send your application letter and CV (in English) to:
Johann Betz - email@example.com
Keywords: CAD, CAD/CAM, timber, framing, fabricating, Pryda, Mitek, Saphhire, SEMA, Dietrichs, hsbCad. DXF, CNC, IFC, Revit, BIM, NZS3604, Drawing, drafting, draughting, designer, panelisation, structural, Canterbury, Manufacturing, prefab, MMC, modular, prefabrication, modern methods of construction, offsite, off-site, cross-laminated timber, CLT, file to factory, design for manufacture, DfMA.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a designer?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in building design / building design drafting?
- How many years' experience do you have as an architectural technician?