Advertiser: Omni Tech LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Management - Internal
About the business
Omni Tech operates the largest chain of Mobile Phone Repair and Accessories Stores in NZ. With 28 branches nationwide, we are looking to grow our business via franchising in 2020 and opening stores in Australia and Pacific Islands in the near future.
We are looking to hire a HR professional to help us with the next growth phase. You will have an excellent track record as a HR manager within a medium to large commercial organisation, with good communication skills and excellent time management.
About the role
The HR Manager is actively involved in management level decision making, drives new and better ways of operating Omni Tech core people processes and contributes to the overall wellbeing and progress of the business.
The HR Manager takes overriding accountability for excellence through people, by ensuring Omni Tech has the best people operating to the best of their abilities. In fulfilling these accountabilities, the HR Manager will develop and implement the people resource strategy, create and nurture an engaged and high performing work force, coach managers so that they are empowered to proactively manage their people effectively and confidently and ensure the people related policies and procedures are best practice and are executed consistently throughout the Group.
This is a significant position within the Management Team with responsibility to the MD. It is expected that the HR Manager maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity, display a positive attitude and a team focus, be enquiring and articulate, and has the ability to lead and deliver ongoing business improvements. To ensure success, you will need be detail-oriented and have a solid understanding of employment laws.
- Human Resources Function including strategic planning, HR processes and procedures, training, development, recruitment and retention.
- In accordance with the agreed business strategy for the Group, establishes a strategic people resource plan for review by the MD detailing objectives and the initiatives required to achieve these.
- Develops an annual operating plan and budget to implement this strategy together with Key Performance Indicators for approval by the MD.
- Implements the approved operating plan, reporting monthly on the achievement of goals, KPI's and expenditure versus budget.
- Leads the development of strategic people resource planning for the Group and manages the Human Resources Function.
- Manage all aspects of HR and training function
- Challenging multi-faceted role
Benefits and perks
We are a multi-cultural company and promote a culture of teamwork.
Together with a competitive salary, we offer on-site parking at our Henderson location, 5mins walk from Henderson train station.
This is a role that will give you the opportunity to guide the direction and HR strategy for the business.
Omni Tech is focused on its employees and their families well being and financial security. We have a comprehensive Group Accident Insurance Scheme that you will be eligible for after a qualifying period.
Skills and experience
In order to be effective in the position the HR Manager shall have and be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Experience in Human Resources Advisory or Management roles within commercial organisations.
• Good understanding of relevant HR regulations
• Has a track record in leading and delivering best practice business approaches and systems to create and sustain a high-performance workplace.
• Extensive experience advising managers on people resource matters.
• Experience coaching and training others.
• Holds a relevant tertiary qualification.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of recruitment experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in human resources (HR)?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?