Advertiser: OFS Insurance BrokersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
OFS Insurance Brokers is looking for a full time Office Junior who undertakes a number of general office administration and reception duties. The Office Junior will work closely with the Administration Manager to help maintain a smooth and efficient office. The Office Junior will need to be proactive in their work habits and show high interest and engagement in all tasks delegated to them. They will have the ability to learn quickly and gain valuable experience which enables them to development further within the company where there are great long-term career opportunities.
The start date for this role will be January 2020 and would ideally suit a recent school leaver.
This role will normally perform the following tasks:
General office administration
- Opening, sorting, and distributing incoming mail
- Monitoring enquiries email and distributing
- Initial claims enquiries, filling in claim forms, and closing claims
- Processing payments
- Preparing and sending out mail
- Monthly renewal checklists
- Any other duties as requested from time to time
- Checking, stocktaking and ordering stationery weekly
- Checking and stocktaking kitchen supplies including milk, tea, coffee etc. Going shopping for the supplies.
- Keeping kitchen tidy including filling/emptying dishwasher and ensuring fridge contents are fresh
- Topping up photocopiers with paper throughout the day
- Answering phone and forwarding all messages
- Greeting clients and advising staff of their arrival
- Ensuring reception is tidy
Key Person Specifications
Knowledge & Experience
- Requires 2-3 years secondary schooling, and possibly has done work experience or a course of basic occupational skills.
- Basic keyboard skills, knowledge of Microsoft software including Word and Excel preferred
- Has knowledge or experience with standard work routines which have involved the use of simple office equipment or machines preferably in a busy office environment
- Has some experience in the performance of specific tasks and activities that do not involve supervision or close liaison with others
- Ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise workloads effectively
- Excellent telephone skills and the ability to respond positively and effectively to staff.
- Competent in taking and forwarding messages accurately and promptly
- Pleasant demeanour
- Quick learner
- Ability to work co-operatively with a wide variety of people
- Reliable, dependable and willing to 'pitch in' at all times
- High degree of confidentiality
- High level of personal presentation
Hours 37.5 Hours per week, 8.30-5.00pm
If this is the opportunity you are looking for, please send your CV details and cover letter explaining your suitability through to Carolyn McMillan - Administration Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday the 13th of December 2019 or apply directly through the page.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?