Sports Field Specialist
Advertiser: UMS (NZ) LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Gardening & Landscaping
Founded in Australia in 1995 and then recently launched in Auckland in 2017, Urban Maintenance Systems provides Building Maintenance, Grounds and Open Space Maintenance, Parks and Roadside Infrastructure Maintenance. UMS pride itself on the quality of our services and our people.
About the Role
We have a permanent full-time position for a motivated Sports Field Specialist. You will be carrying out Schedule and response work on our Sports Fields across the Waitakere and Rodney regions. The role offers a wide variety of tasks ranging from, but not limited to
- Complete Bi-annual Renovations (sports fields and cricket blocks ) and Irrigation Condition reports,
- Conduct soil moisture and temperature readings (In summer to manage field irrigation and in winter to manage field usage), on all sports fields in the contract area
- Inspecting Sports fields for pests, disease and weeds, and make the appropriate recommendations
- Supporting the Team Leader in terms of people and performance management, quality control and auditing, budgetary reviews
- Maintain plant and equipment in order to meet expectations
- Being innovative in regards to the ever changing requirements of the customer
- Great communications skills
- Relevant Turf Qualification
- Full class 1 required, Class 2 preferred
- Experience in supervising and managing a team
- Irrinet system knowledge
- Ability to provide reports on irrigation usage, Renovation requirements, Sports field usage
- Have strong organisational and planning skills to coordinate and manage workloads
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal skills and are customer-focused
- Knowledge in using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to use technology such as tablets and iphone
- Can make sound decisions and demonstrate initiative
- Growsafe Certificate would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a relevant field would be ideal
In return we offer
- The Opportunity to be part of a fantastic team
- Competitive hourly rate
- Great variety of work.
- Full PPE supplied
- Vehicle and phone provided
- Work in a company where Health and Safety is part of our DNA
- Cooked breakfast at our monthly toolbox meeting
- Opportunity to be part of an active social club
This is a great opportunity for you to join a growing team and an organisation intent on being the best. If you’ve got the enthusiasm, skills and energy to join our team we would love to hear from you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and be willing to undergo and pass our pre-employment medical and criminal check.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?