Advertiser: TemperzoneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- $85,000 - $109,999 depending on your experience
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Temperzone is a long-established manufacturer of HVAC Equipment and has extended its footprint in Hamilton that makes ancillary equipment such as air handlers, radiators and boilers. This is a complex and challenging role that requires sound Pressure Vessel knowledge and product design experience in a manufacturing environment. You will drive your design from scratch, to manufacture, and to the customers. The role involves direct customer interaction.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Designing and implementing new and replacement boiler installations.
- Ensuring appropriate installation standards are adhered to by way of compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Develop, refine and use best practice for each design.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Practical knowledge of fluid mechanics, heat exchangers, and heavy industrial process equipment.
- Sound experience working with pressure vessel design and construction.
- Experience in the design of Hydronic equipment.
- Knowledge of pumps and valves would be beneficial.
- Excellent working knowledge of legislative requirements including PECPR requirements and codes of compliance for plant;
- Excellent working application of AS/NZ and ASME standards;
- Ability to apply theory to practice in manufacturing applications
- Experience in a manufacturing/heavy process industry.
- Strong project management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will ideally have five plus years mechanical engineering design experience working in a manufacturing, heavy industrial or large-scale process environment. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build and maintain strong relationships. In addition, professionalism, project planning, problem solving skills and a commitment to delivering excellent results are the key personal attributes we're looking for.
In accordance with company policy, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical examination and drug test, and Ministry of Justice Criminal History check. Temperzone Ltd will meet these expenses.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?