Director of Photography/Editor
Advertiser: XeroMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Photography
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business #beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you’ll make an impact
We need a talented Director of Photography with editing and post-production skills. You’ll work with our Media team as part of our internal creative and production department. We call it “The Hub”. Why? Because it is literally the hub of our global marketing activities. Video plays a key role in Xero’s marketing strategy engaging small businesses and their advisors all over the world.
This position is a multifaceted one: filming, crafting and delivering engaging #human content for our global audience.
This role will include some local travel. There may be a requirement for some international travel too.
What you’ll do
You’ll be our primary in-house DOP, handling a variety of projects. When you’re not shooting in our studio or on location, you’ll be crafting edits and taking on a range of post-production responsibilities. Working collaboratively with our Auckland team and wider regional teams, you’ll elevate the creative impact that our work has on the Xero brand.
- Camera operation and lighting to a high production standard
- Storytelling through edit
- Colour grading and technical post-production duties
- Implement best practice workflows for proxy roundtripping using Resolve
- Oversee our in-house studio space and manage equipment inventory
- Act as a mentor for more junior team members
- Ensure consistency with brand guidelines, while adding your own creative flair
- Drive innovation in production and post-production
What you’ll bring with you
- Significant experience as a DOP with advanced skills in camera operation and lighting
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve, as well as Adobe Creative Cloud - specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition
- Outstanding communication skills as well as being a problem solver by nature
- Applications without a showreel will not be considered
Why you want to join Xero
At Xero you’ll find a bunch of awesome, diverse humans who love coming into work. Everyone loves it for different reasons. We're a big part of the small business community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups and generally being evangelical about small business and its value to the global economy.
We truly value our people and there’s an awesome package on offer that includes competitive base salary, Xero shares, Life Insurance and other benefits too.
We champion innovation, foster inclusion and celebrate success. We also live and breathe our values everyday. #Human is one of Xero's values, please outline in your application what makes you #human at work.
Xero is an accredited employer with NZ Immigration and is Rainbow Tick Certified too.