Advertiser: Toll NZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Marlborough, Blenheim
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Management
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone with extensive experience in the transport industry to fill our vacant Transport Manager position in Blenheim. As a key member of our fun and customer focussed team, you will manage the day to day transport of all inbound and outbound freight to ensure that we deliver high quality freight forwarding solutions to our customers.
Working closely with both our LCL and FCL teams, you will be responsible for overseeing fleet functionality and compliance within the company framework. Well-developed people skills ensure that you communicate effectively with team members and develop rapport and effective relationships with ODs, drivers, and all other internal stakeholders. You will be hands on and self-motivated with strong planning and time management skills, which give you the ability to work under pressure, in a deadline driven environment.
Duties & responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with all Toll H&S policies and standards
- Managing compliance reports and fleet KPIs
- Resource and asset management
- People leadership - effectively managing resources to meet volume demands
- Client relationship management - resolve internal & external customer issues and increase satisfaction levels
Skills & Experience
- Proven ability in leading Health and Safety
- Ideally, a minimum of 5+ years' experience in the transport/logistics industry
- Proven experience working with and influencing a team
- Knowledge of operational cost and resource management
- Well-developed communication skills to allow you to develop rapport and effective relationships.
- A class 5 and forklift license is highly desirable
Working at Toll
Toll is New Zealand's most successful multi-modal supply chain operator, and are a partner of choice for customers across a broad range of industries, helping some of the world's leading companies with their freight logistics. We are committed to offering our customers a superior service in freight forwarding and logistics solutions.
Our employees are passionately committed to our vision - to deliver outstanding logistics solutions for our customers, at every stage of the supply chain. We work hard to create a workplace that supports our people's careers and that is a safe, respectful and inclusive place to work.
How to apply
If you are ready to join a dynamic and growing business, please visit our careers page at http://careers.tollnz.co.nz/home where you can apply for this rare opportunity.
Interested staff should ideally discuss their intention to apply for this position with their Manager prior to submitting an application
Toll is an Alcohol and Drug Free Work Place.