Farm Assistant / Herd Manager
Advertiser: Simms FarmMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Papakura & Franklin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
This role will assist the farm owner will all aspects of dairy farming.
The main duties include, but are not limited to:
1. milking, feeding, and cow shed maintenance
2. identifying and managing mastitis, lame, sick, bullying, calving cows
3. effluent management
4. pasture management and weed control
5. general duties including farm maintenance and improvements
Must have the ability to milk sole charge on the farm managers days off.
Must have good tractor and ATV skills.
Must have drivers license and own transport.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of NZ dairy farming experience, and level 3 AgITO courses.
The farm is a drug and smoke free environment, and may require pre-employment drug testing. The applicant must have no criminal convictions.
We are looking for a progressive individual, who can support the farm manager, work unsupervised, and displays initiative. The applicant must be a good team player.
Accommodation: No accommodation provided (however maybe able to help find local accommodation), required to drive in twice daily.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- What's your highest level of education?