Junior Electronics Engineer (Hardware)
Advertiser: Wellington Drive TechnologiesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Wellington Drive Technologies is a high-tech manufacturing company with a global footprint.
Our equipment monitoring and proximity marketing solutions are used by major food and beverage brands worldwide. Wellington has offices in 10 countries and conducts R&D from its headquarters in Auckland, New Zealand, and turns over $60M (and growing) from its family of hardware and software products.
As the world moves ever faster to a digital future, Wellington's business is further evolving to support the changing needs and priorities of its broadening customer base.
Wellington is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent - people who are customer-focused and passionate about what they do. We have now created a new position for a Junior Electronics Engineer to participate in the development and qualification of our electronics-based products.
You will work as part of the R&D team and be involved in the development of new products and support of existing ones. You'll design, conduct and document experiments and validation / characterisation tests, build and debug prototypes and test equipment, manage product specifications and changes, and solve field and production problems.
This role would suit a graduate with one or two years' experience.
We're seeking a self starter, with a passion for electronics and engineering, someone who is willing to pitch in where required. You'll have strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is a given. Understanding data sheets and component properties is essential. You'll be creative and inquisitive, as well as self managing, and be an excellent communicator - both verbally and in writing.
What you need:
- BE(Hons) in Electronics Engineering or equivalent including a final year course in Power Electronics
- Some relevant work experience - at least one holiday role during your degree
- Experience in working with a combination of software tools and electrical instrumentation
- A strong focus on writing ability and competent in use of Excel
- A strong thirst for learning and applied learning with an attitude to proactively pitch in where needed
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a range of prospective career routes with advancement based on performance, a flexible work environment, and the chance to participate in creating a cleantech success story.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and available to interview in Auckland.
We have extended the recruitment period with the holidays and ask prior applicants to please not re-apply.
For further information about Wellington Drive, visit www.wdtl.com.
To apply, please use the "Apply" link and include both your cover letter and CV.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an electronics engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in electronics engineering?