Head of Operations
Advertiser: Your ConsultantMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- $130,000 + Bonus
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Does the idea of leading and driving the nationwide operations of a fast paced company that is challenging the market sound like you? Does 6 months to a GM role once you have proved yourself sound better?
My client is a nationwide company in growth mode operating in a competitive and fast paced industry where service delivery dictates the winners and the losers.
A market leader the company prides itself on a 97% customer satisfaction rating and sets the bar high.
They are seeking a Leader who is energized, has a track record of achievement to be the 2IC of the company reporting directly to the Managing Director, with a genuine path to GM.
With at least 15 years experience, including 5+ years of proven management experience leading operational and service delivery focused teams you are ready for the next step and have a goal to be the General Manager of a nationwide company.
With 6 direct reports and a total team of 30 nationwide made up of office, on the road and warehouse functions you will be able to manage through the line and remotely while ensuring that your high performing team continues to meet monthly service and delivery targets.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Delivery of thousands of jobs to NZ businesses every month
- Ensuring our customer service is second to none across all customer interaction points
- Warehouse and Production Management
- Stock Purchase and Control
- Fleet Management
- Facilities Management at 4 sites nationwide
- Compliance including Health & Safety Program, MPI and Manufacturing Standards
- Reporting and Analysis
- Managing key projects from planning through to implementation, ensuring targets, budgets and milestones are met.
To be considered for this position key attributes would include:
- Ability to point to a strong track record in operations management within a service driven environment that includes motivating your teams to deliver to targets while building best practice systems and processes to support growth.
- Strong Leadership and Management skills especially including employee engagement, influence, team building and communication.
- Ability to develop and implement a culture of continual improvement focused on improving operational efficiency and outcomes.
- A strong problem solver, analytically minded, and with a rigorous and structured approach to developing and implementing change.
- Sound commercial acumen including cost and resource management, budgeting, reporting and control systems.
- Extremely well organised, able to think and act quickly under pressure while being focused on delivering quality results.
- Someone who backs themselves to make a real difference and are not afraid to role their sleeves up in the trenches
- Project Management
- Have advanced computer skills.
Who you are:
- You have cut your teeth, earned your stripes and have a track record of achievement that speaks for itself - you may even be a GM now.
- When you leave your role your team and your colleagues will miss your leadership, your ability to motivate them, and your drive to ensure the best outcomes for customers.
- You have commercial acumen and the ability to lead and motivate your people to deliver lasting change that drives efficiency and customer value.
- You aren’t ever satisfied with your JD – you are someone who wants to learn all aspects of the company and industry you operate in
- You are looking for an environment where you are given a clear mandate and the buck stops with you
- Your approach and management philosophy includes the following:
- A leader who sets the goals and leads from the front to achieve
- Coaches individuals to develop and improve
- Hands on, roll your sleeves up, take your team with you, No job to big or too small
- Think clever, do smarter, make positive change
The successful applicant will join a company where:
- You will have a clear mandate along with the accountability and responsibility for achieving results
- The company has grown >80% in the last few years and has no intention of slowing down, focusing on becoming the Number 1 on the market.
- You will be able to move quickly and effect change in a collaborative environment without red tape
- Our customer praise our service levels
Please apply via Seek, with a Cover Letter and your CV.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency.