Senior Project Manager
Advertiser: The Building Intelligence GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
About our Tauranga office:
We’re partnering with some of the best - local projects include medium to large scale projects for government, commercial and private sector clients.
This is a senior role where you'll have a local focus, while realising the benefit that comes with being part of a strong national team. Our clients describe us as fair, honest, collaborative and straight down the line. As a team we like to socialise, have a laugh and get amongst it in the outdoors. Sound like you?
About the role:
With demonstrated experience in project management and a wide range of commercial construction and fit out project experience at a senior level, you will be able to lead a team through all stages of project delivery. You’ll have the ability to build strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders, and get involved in business development initiatives. You will take sole responsibility for the establishment phases of projects, and ongoing responsibility for the implementation phases. You’ll pride yourself on your ability to challenge concepts, resolve problems and provide solutions. A great communicator and advocate of collaborative working environments, you’ll possess a "can do attitude" where no project is too big or too small. Naturally, you'll enjoy being part of a close team, and relate well to clients and stakeholders.
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Project/Construction management experience with 10+ years' experience, ideally in a Consultancy
- Experience in vertical build project delivery across a diverse portfolio, ideally including base build, commercial development and commercial fitout projects.
- Strong leadership coordinating design and technical teams.
- Detailed knowledge and the preparation of robust contract documents, correspondence and reporting. Experience with NZS3910 contracts.
- Strong understanding of relevant New Zealand building regulations and legislation and a strong focus on health and safety.
- Expert design and construction programming, Gantt charts and financial management Strong computer literacy including project management tools.
- Highly organised with good time management / people management skills.
What’s life @TBIG like?
We’re a dynamic team of professionals who love what we do! A 100% NZ owned business, we’re proud of the collaborative and supportive people culture we've developed in line with our values. We provide lots of personal and professional growth opportunities, encouraging our people to be well rounded both in and out of the office. You'll find we also enjoy a good laugh, and have a friendly and down to earth working environment.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team of highly motivated and passionate project managers, in an office supported by ISO assured comprehensive PM systems and tools. Supported by a highly approachable and inclusive management team, your ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, as well as the opportunity to be considered for our employee shareholder programme.
The Building Intelligence Group (TBIG) is a privately owned company of project management specialists. We have a proud legacy of partnership with some of New Zealand's greatest companies and institutions over our 30 year history.
We’re committed to the regions - TBIG's talented team of 80+ staff works across nine New Zealand offices. With a diverse range of clients, we oversee engaging and challenging projects where we really add value. Our projects are interesting, we value our people, and we offer great career opportunities for motivated and dedicated staff. Check out our website for more insight into some of our recent projects.
Find out more:
To enquire or make an application, please apply online or contact Kathryn Granger, Talent Acquisition Manager, via email@example.com.
Please note, we are not accepting applications via third parties (agency) for this role, so please apply directly to be considered.
Not in Tauranga? We are also accepting expressions of interest from candidates interested in Project Management opportunities NZ wide, please reach out today to enquire about opportunities in your region.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?