Careers & Development Facilitator
Advertiser: Fire Protection Association New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Training & Development
The Fire Protection Association New Zealand (FPANZ), a not for profit member organization, is the national body for fire safety that provides information, services and education to the fire protection industry and the community at large. FPA New Zealand through the national office as well as a range of technical committees and special interest groups plays a pivotal role in providing authoritative advice and information on all aspects of fire safety and emergency management through a range of services to industry, commerce and the community at large. The association aims to reach and represent all sectors of our industry as well as others with a responsibility for, or interest in ,protecting the community and workplace environments.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our dynamic team for a 6-month contract on a flexi-time basis with the possibility of the position becoming permanent.
The role involves successfully promoting our industry and specialist courses to careers advisors, school leavers and prospective students in various organisations, including secondary schools, community groups and gap year organisations. Another key function of the role is to screen and interview school leavers and help place them into job vacancies with our members. We operate a very small team of three so flexibility in duties and tasks is also expected.
You will be based in Albany, but will also be required to attend some careers and programme specific events, however, many of the interactions will be via video conferencing rather than face to face meetings. It is imperative that you have flexibility around hours of work and the capability to travel and stay away from home for several days at a time, as the role may require you to travel from time to time. You will also need to have a current full NZ drivers licence and your own vehicle.
Key to your success in this role will be your ability to use your initiative and grab any opportunity to promote our industry as a career opportunity and to screen candidates assessing their skills and finding suitable placements. You need to be able to think on your feet and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
This role may be right for you if you:
- Have a passion and drive for helping students reach their full potential
- Are confident interacting with schools, communities and organisations and have established networks in these areas
- Have a tertiary qualification (preferred) or a minimum of three years relevant commercial experience in recruitment or careers advisory services.
- Can demonstrate previous success in recruitment, and developing and maintaining productive relationships
- Have initiative and a determination to succeed, with proven ability to set and achieve goals and targets
- Can present well to a variety of audiences, with excellent communication skills
- Are self-managing and solution-focused
- Are willing to work in with a small team when required to achieve common goals
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?