Advertiser: DEC Pharmaceutical LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- $60,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Maintenance
We are seeking to employ an additional Engineer within our 24 hour pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, which operates to a strict code of GMP.
DEC Pharmaceutical specialises in the development and manufacture of innovative technologies, pharmaceuticals and wellness solutions for human and animal health. With continuous investment in research and development, our people and technologies have set the goal to consistently deliver the highest quality products and services to our customers.
We use our GMP capabilities to develop and manufacture Controlled Drug Release devices and other products. We are FDA certified and our product quality level is among the best globally. Our team are dedicated to enhancing the opportunities and technical abilities of both human health practitioners and agricultural professionals, with the purpose to improve lives. We are a key supply partner to one of the leading animal health product companies in the world.
Job description overview
Preventative maintenance on machines and equipment.
Responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant.
Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines.
Overhaul and repair of machines and equipment.
Ensuring machines and equipment on site comply with safety standards.
Ensure efficient working of machines and adhere to cGMP requirements.
About the role.
Trade qualified with a broad skill base.
Shift position - working from Monday to Friday.
Although this is a salaried role, overtime and response to call outs may be required.
Effective Communication – keeping Management and relevant parties aware and seeking advice and assistance when required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• The role will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
• Carry out Preventative Maintenance
• Ensure all machines are safe and fit for purpose
• Installation of new machines and equipment
• Overhaul and upkeep and repair of all plant machines.
• Involvement with design, build and commissioning of new equipment and machines.
• Supervision of building work, change and modification work to the premises.
• Supervision of contractors from time to time.
• Responsible for up keeping of all plant, services and the facility.
• Actively promote safe working practices
• Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and pre-determined
Although not essential, experience in the following will be an advantage.
• Previous experience within the food, beverage industry or pharmaceutical.
• Hydraulic experience on extrusion machines and or injection moulding.
• HVAC and air handling units.
• Chiller and air-conditioning units.
• Review and Advise on Engineering requirements and drawings
• Electrical fault finding.
• Working with and Coordinating Contractors
• Undertaking repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and pre-determined specifications
• Knowledge of water systems and plumbing.
• Plant air /compressors and pneumatic systems.
• Basic welding skills, including stainless steel.
• Machining skills
• Reliability best practice.
CAD, Solidworks and Automation experience will be an advantage.
• Company will provide specialist tools as required
• To contribute to company objectives and values
• To adhere to Company Rules/ cGMP requirements / Health and Safety / Environmental Compliance
• To attend training and continuous development opportunities as required.
•To continuously look for improvements to the service and for effective good practice within the role.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time.
The facility usually have a year-end shutdown, however this is the time when the annual maintenance will be done. The successful applicant will be required to work during this time period.
If you have what it takes and you would like to become part of a progressive company, please forward a hand written cover letter with your CV to Tyron.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?