Project Manager / QS
Advertiser: NCP Recruitment LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Dec 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- $100,000 - $129,999 plus kiwisaver and vehicle
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
About the business
Family owned and operated construction company who punches well above their weight in a competitive industry. With projects ranging from multi-million dollar architectural homes to complex large scale commercial/industrial buildings and restaurant/bar fitouts,
About the role
This is the perfect environment for a motivated, sharp thinker who thrives on delivering projects on time, on budget, and who values maintaining sound client relationships.
Key tasks include:
- Reporting to the Senior Management team, you will be primarily focussed on the end to end delivery of various projects
- Manage and build professional relationships with key stakeholders at all levels including external consultants and contractors
- Provide oversight on multiple jobs simultaneously at various stages of development
- Support the team in making strategic decisions regarding the different milestones set while ensuring quality is maintained as well as to budget
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all project contract documentation including head contracts and subcontracts.
- Undertake cost controlling, estimating, budgeting, forecasting, subcontract claim review and or commercial negotiation activities required and ensure budgetary targets are set and either met or exceeded.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Relevant construction related qualifications
- 5+ years’ relevant project management or Quantity Surveying experience in construction.
- Results driven and motivated individual who desires growth into a senior role
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Ability to work within an established team
- Strong communication skills to liaise with all stakeholders
Benefits and perks
A competitive salary + vehicle are a given, the real reason you would work for this company is because they recognise the importance of their employees and this shows with the high morale environment they have created. Work/life balance is a key element and providing good opportunities for people to develop in their roles.
Call Nick Parson for a confidential chat 027 311 8764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?