Advertiser: The University of AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
The Organisational Performance and Improvement team is looking for a motivated, organised and efficient Administrator with a focus on stakeholder service to join our Vice-Chancellors office support services team.
The role is primarily responsible for delivering high-quality reception services at the Vice Chancellor’s Office and will undertake a range of activities including:
- Greeting all visitors and directing them appropriately to meeting rooms/offices
- Attending to room bookings using the Scientia system
- Monitoring access to the Vice-Chancellor’s and related staff offices
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Ensuring the reception area is tidy and brochures/newsletter are up-to-date
- Providing administrative duties to the staff at the Vice-Chancellor’s Office
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone with fantastic organisational and time management skills to offer exceptional administrative support for staff and stakeholders within our office.
To succeed in this role, you’ll bring the following skills and experience:
- Previous administration experience, ideally gained in a tertiary environment.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills,
- An understanding of the Tertiary environment would be highly beneficial
Please click HERE for the position description.
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work-life balance through:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum.
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Over 300 different career development courses.
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking, and various leisure and recreation services.
For more information on the benefits of working here, see our Staff Benefits page.
How to apply
If you hold the experience requested above and want to work for one of Auckland’s largest employers, please submit your CV with a cover letter outlining what strengths you would bring to this position by the closing date of Thursday, 12 December 2019.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work, and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz