Advertiser: Pet Nutrition NZ Limited PartnershipMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Dec 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Pet Nutrition Ltd is a proud New Zealand family-owned business which manufactures and exports high quality pet food products for both the domestic and international markets from the Vital Pet Food factory in Station Road, Belfast, Christchurch.
Currently we are reasonably small however we are currently going through an exciting growth period with updated manufacturing premises, machinery, new products and new customers.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant reporting to the Financial Accountant, working in a small office environment, supporting all accounting /payroll functions for Pet Nutrition Ltd.
Preferably you will have:
- at least 3 years relevant accounting experience or have just graduated or are studying towards an accountancy qualification.
- Be a resident of New Zealand or have a relevant work visa
- Have sound reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Have advanced knowledge of business accounting packages (preferably Reckon / ACE), together with MS Word and excel.
- Good communication skills and enthusiasm
- Be comfortable working in a team environment and willing to help out with any extra tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and influence.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload from time to time.
We will offer you a competitive remuneration package and are happy to talk about supporting on-going training and development in the future.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for please email your current CV with a covering letter to Financial Accountant, HR@vitalpetfoods.co.nz
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?