Advertiser: VisionWest Community TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Real Estate & Property, Residential Leasing & Property Management
Transformed lives. Healthy community. Building Hope Together
VisionWest go beyond basic tenancy services, journeying alongside whanau and individuals, empowering them to make long-term, sustainable changes to their housing circumstances.
Region: West Auckland
Title: Tenancy Manager – Community Housing
Hours: Fulltime Permanent
Do you understand of the complexities of social housing yet possess the ability to communicate with simplicity? Are you a multi-tasking extraordinaire who seamlessly balances an eye for detail with a heart for community?
You could be the rare gem we are looking for!
Our Community Housing service is designed to provide safe, healthy, affordable, quality housing through the provision of emergency, transitional, and long-term supported housing. Our Tenancy Managers are part of a comprehensive team, providing resources for support in all aspects of tenants’ lives, through Social Workers, Community Chaplains and the other wrap-around services of VisionWest Community Trust. We are excited to be leading the way with the landmark Housing First initiative where we take long term chronically homeless directly into housing leading to over 80% staying housed.
We recognise that change takes a village and that we need to be in this together to ensure that strength-based practice is more than just a buzz-word. As one of New Zealand’s sector leading supportive Community Housing Providers, we have the genuine ability to support our clients and staff and to build real, sustainable change in our community. We are witnessing incredible transformations as clients are equipped to create a new legacy for themselves and their whanau. Now we need you to help us extend our reach.
What you’ll do:
- Value every client and use your amazing communication skills to communicate with them in a way they will understand
- Manage a growing portfolio of properties of different types. Coordinating the delivery of efficient property and tenancy services that meets the needs & aspirations of our tenants and eligible applicants.
- Provide a range of advice regarding tenancy rights & obligations in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act
- Coordinate and manage building inspections and maintenance requests
- Maintain accurate property and tenancy registers, database and filing systems
What you’ll need:
- An understanding of community service providers or not-for-profit organisations
- A sound understanding of the issues affecting people from a low socio-economic background and those who have high needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Experience of lone working in people’s homes with an understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- A current driver’s license and willingness to travel.
What we’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of the solution to the housing crisis in NZ
- The support of a team who share your passion for positive outcomes in the communities we serve
- A thorough induction and on-going training
- A cohesive and supportive environment
- Commitment to the highest standards of holistic wrap-around services
VisionWest Community Trust is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with faith-based roots, that provides a range of services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch.
anaakitanga (Holistic Care)
Whanaungatanga (Authentic Relationships)
Apply today to become part of our transformational team
A commitment to the vision, mission and values of VisionWest Community Trust is essential.