Advertiser: VisionWest Community TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Dec 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
Not just another Social Worker vacancy
Transformed lives. Healthy community. Building Hope Together
Journey alongside whanau and individuals, empowering them make long-term, sustainable changes to their housing and personal circumstances.
Region: West Auckland
Title: Support Navigator – Housing
Hours: Fulltime Permanent
If you are a qualified Social Worker looking for your next challenge, you’ve probably noticed that all the job ads look about the same. You know how vital your work is and you’re ready to make a difference, but which employer can ignite your spark, build momentum and create real change in the community? More importantly, which employer will back and equip you so that your tank is full and ready to invest into the lives of others?
VisionWest is a community of people with a shared passion to see transformation for individuals, whanau and hapori. We recognise that change takes a village and that we need to be in this together to ensure that strength-based practice is more than just a buzz-word. As one of New Zealand’s sector leading supportive Community Housing Providers, we have the genuine ability to support our clients and staff and to build real, sustainable change in our community. We are witnessing incredible transformations as clients are equipped to create a new legacy for themselves and their whanau. Now we need you to help us extend our reach.
Our community housing service is designed to provide safe, affordable, quality housing through the provision of emergency, transitional, and long-term supported solutions. We are also leading the way with the globally successful Housing First project where we take the chronically homeless directly into housing resulting in over 80% staying housed. Our Support Navigators journey alongside whanau and individuals, empowering them make long-term, sustainable changes to their housing and personal circumstances.
What you’ll do:
- Engage and support whanau and individuals by providing individual assessments and plans
- Connect whanau and individuals to life skill services, advocacy and supports
- Together with whanau, create an integrated and holistic approach to care for whanau and individuals in housing need
- Support people who have housing related issues and receive referrals from local churches, networked Community Agencies, Whanau Services, MSD and HNZ.
- Empower whanau and individuals to live independently with an enhanced sense of wellbeing in all areas of their lives.
- Share hope that will encourage whanau to transform their current circumstances and create new opportunities.
What you’ll need:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Practice
- Experience dealing with those who have experienced trauma and abuse
- Knowledge of current legislation including health and safety practices
- A passion to work across cultures, acknowledging the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to effective practice
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Proficiency in needs assessment and case management skills
- Practical experience in service delivery and well-established professional practice
- Strong computer & Microsoft Office skills with excellent report writing and written communication skills.
- Full current driver’s licence
What we’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of the solution to the housing crisis in NZ
- The support of a team who share your passion for positive outcomes in the communities we serve
- A thorough induction and on-going training
- Regular and supportive supervision
- A cohesive and supportive environment
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work and holistic wrap-around services
VisionWest Community Trust is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with faith-based roots, that provides a range of services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch.
Manaakitanga (Holistic Care)
Whanaungatanga (Authentic Relationships)
A commitment to the vision, mission and values of VisionWest Community Trust is essential.