Court Registry Officer
Advertiser: Ministry of JusticeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Dec 2019
- Manawatu, Palmerston North
- $48,853 to $57,473
- Work Type
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Customer Facing
Court Registry Officer (18 months Fixed Term Full Time position), Palmerston North District Court
We are looking for a talented individual to come join our District Courts as a Court Registry Officer in Palmerston North.
Court Registry Officer - in this role you will work with a team responsible for the successful operation of the Court.
You will liaise with multiple stakeholders who are interacting with the Justice system. This includes being able to communicate confidently with Judges within the courtroom and their chambers, as well as other members of the judiciary.
The tasks associated with this role include but is not limited to:
- Court Taking - this is the facilitation of running the court. This includes introducing Judges (in English and Te Reo Maori), working closely with them in the Courtroom and Chambers, managing jurors and general administration of the court.
- Customer Service - interacting with customers on any court related matter. Customer queries can come in via face to face, phone or email interactions - so you will need to be confident with all methods.
- Case management - this involves ensuring files are accurate and up to date. This part of the role involves a large component of data entry.
About us and why you will enjoy working here
At the Ministry of Justice, we deliver people centred services to provide access to justice for all. Te tuku ratonga ā-tangata kia āhei atu ai te katoa ki te ture.
Creating a continuous learning environment is important to us. As the successful applicant, you will bring your thirst for knowledge and improvement. You will have an individual training plan and be supported to carry out the role. As a Court Registry Officer this includes exercising Deputy Registrar Powers.
As an organisation we empower our people with building their wellbeing knowledge, offering a range of wellbeing tools and support.
What you will need to be successful
With pride in your work, you will strive to deliver a service to our customers with high accuracy and professionalism.
Our customers are diverse, and our workforce reflects this. This role is no different and would suit a variety of backgrounds. Whether you have an interest in the Justice system, returning to the workforce, have a passion for working with customers this is your chance to join us on our journey to deliver people centred justice services for all.
To be successful, you will need to be
- Detail orientated and observant - the court has many different processes and case information needs to be accurate;
- Self-aware -our customers are unique, and you will be confident working, both individually and as a team, across a range of situations;
- Multi-task -some of our processes are repetitive, but you'll be able to manage conflicting priorities and move from one task to another quickly;
- Willing to learn - legislation and processes in the courts is always changing and you will be able to adapt and take onboard feedback.
- Resilience - there are times when working in the courts, you will be working on sensitive cases and sometimes at high volume.
The Ministry of Justice is committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. All staff - regardless of gender, race, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, religious or ethical beliefs have access to equal employment opportunities, in recruitment, training and career opportunities and conditions of employment.
- If successful, you will be invited to an onsite interview in Palmerston North. Please note that we cannot progress your application if you are not able to attend.
- Starting salaries are generally between $48,853 and $57,473 and are dependent on skills and experience.
- Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
- To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
- For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
- Applications close on Thursday 12 December 2019.