Pathways to Employment Manager
Advertiser: New Zealand Red CrossMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Southland, Invercargill
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Employment Services
Pathways to Employment Manager– Refugee Settlement Invercargill
Permanent Full Time
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager in our Pathways to Employment programme working with former refugees in Invercargill. The purpose of the role is to manage the Pathways to Employment programme and provide intensive, individualised work with both refugee background clients and potential employers in Invercargill, as an Employer Liaison, supporting clients to gain employment.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you are able to demonstrate:
- Ability to motivate, lead and support a team
- Awareness of New Zealand employer priorities and familiarity with employment organisations and networks in the region
- Proven skills in career development and the ability to engage with clients collaboratively
- Appreciation of the benefits of diversity in workplaces
- Proven skills in recognizing and developing work readiness
- Ability to build client confidence and job search skills
- Competence in intercultural communication and experience working with people from diverse and marginalised backgrounds
- Understanding of the refugee journey and common issues faced during the resettlement process
- A commitment to the Fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement
- Tertiary education in relevant field (required)
- Membership of a professional organisation in a relevant field, such as CDANZ (desirable)
This is a fulltime role however part time (0.8 FTE) can be discussed with the right candidate. If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Sue Price at New Zealand Red Cross 027 512 1781.
Applications close at 5pm on 22 December 2019.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
To download the job description for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page please click the active job description link below.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
P2EM - JD [link removed]