Property Portfolio Manager
Advertiser: Anglican Diocese of WaiapuMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Napier
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Real Estate & Property, Residential Leasing & Property Management
The Anglican Diocese of Waiapu covers a wide geography over 33 parishes in the North Island and owns a broad spectrum of property from heritage churches, parish halls and vicarages to more modern buildings built in later years. All these properties require ongoing maintenance and care as assets of the Diocese and the Property Portfolio Manager plays a key role in this. This is a new role for the Diocese of Waiapu, there is a rewarding opportunity to join the management team of the Diocese, reporting to the Diocesan Registrar.
The Property Portfolio Manager is a pivotal project management role which acts as the main conduit between the parishes, the Waiapu Board of Diocesan Trustees and the Standing Committee of the Diocese to ensure the best interests of all key stakeholders in the Diocesan property portfolio. Key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing all property policy, providing direction, guidance and advice to all stakeholders
- Ensuring legislative compliance which includes Certificates of Title, Warrants of Fitness, Fire Regulation Compliance, Health and Safety and Heritage legislation
- Managing the sale and purchase of properties as appropriate, working closely with key stakeholders.
- Actively project managing a number of property projects across the Diocese from inception to completion which includes the financial management of each project, provision of accurate legal documentation and the performance of internal and external contractors
- Conducting property inspections as required
- Implementing an online property database and user friendly property manual to ensure consistency of approach and transparent knowledge sharing
- Regular report writing which will include technical reports following a property inspection as well as business case recommendations at a governance level to the Diocesan Council
- Establishing a list of preferred contractors and suppliers to provide appropriate and cost effective external resource and expertise as required, who uphold health and safety legislation and best practice.
- An ongoing focus on improvement to processes and systems
This is both a strategic and operational role, which will require excellent spoken and written communication skills as well as the proven ability to influence and negotiate to ensure optimum outcomes for all.
While the successful candidate will not be expected to be a subject matter expert across all the property related areas, there will need to be a demonstrated understanding of and interest in property to ensure professional credibility as the trusted advisor.
The key to success will be sound project management skills and experience, ideally to an accredited level. In addition to this, the ability to work effectively with clerical and lay stakeholders at all levels will also be critical for success. IT literacy and exposure to the not for profit sector complete the ideal profile for this shaping role which offers both variety and challenge.
Please contact Janene Garnett on firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or to request a position description.
Applications close 5pm Friday 20 December 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a property manager?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?