SYSTEM SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Advertiser: ConcentrixMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
About the business and the role
Concentrix is a Fortune 500 company with our head office based in San Francisco. Companies engage us to run their delivery/call centres for them and following its arrival into Australia and New Zealand, Concentrix keeps expanding its current operations.
The system support technician, assists on-and-off site network users in a Call Center or Business Center through LAN, applications and hardware support. May be required to work at more than one site as need arises. Also, responsible for moves, additions and changes to software, hardware and network as they relate to office space reorganisation, facilities relocation or facilities start-up.
Role specific tasks/activities:
- Adhere to IT security requirements.
- Adhere to COPC and PCI certification requirements.
- Support and assist in the deployment and maintenance of systems using Apple based tools and Microsoft based tools.
- Responds to Helpdesk requests, ensure metrics are met; escalates higher level problems to IT Manager
- Troubleshoots/resolves remote access problems for off site and corporate users
- Provides basic Local Area Network and Mac OS/PC problem solving for local users
- Support local VoIP infrastructure by diagnosing voice problems as either infrastructure, network or handset related. Performing basic handset troubleshooting and maintain inventory to swap out faulty devices. Coordinating telephone hardware repairs.
- Performs new hardware installation and upgrades; Must be able to lift 30kg
- Builds, reconfigures, maintains, and repairs Apple and PC workstations (desktops and portables)
- Performs movement, additions and changes to equipment (computer hardware, cables)
- Performs applications installation, re-installation, configuration and upgrades
- May assist in network application installations
- Executes all existing security procedures for safeguarding hardware and software physical assets
- Resolves network connectivity issues as necessary
- Assists with hardware/software set up for on-site user business presentations
- Tracks hardware inventory and communicates resource requirement (i.e. hardware consumable levels) to IT Manager
Mandatory Knowledge and Skills:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent experience and/or training. A+/Desktop+, MCSA/MCSE and/or ACTC or similar certification(s) would be considered an asset.
- Candidates need to be bilingual
Experience / Skill:
- 3+ years supporting desktop hardware and software with Mac/Windows-based PC/LAN in a contact centre environment or equivalent
- System administration experience, with knowledge in Mac OS X, iOS & Windows 7 & 8
- Experience in coding and shell scripting; Bash, PHP, Swift, AppleScript and Automator a plus
- Experience utilizing desktop management tools such as Jamf (Casper), Ghost, Deploystudio,
- Experience in managing/utilized Activity Directory 2008
Job benefits and perks
Here's what you get from us:
- An awesome expanding variety of retail discounts! This includes half priced gym memberships! Discounts at spec savers, PB Tech and more.
- Opportunity to work at our convenient CBD location in the beautiful old arcade building. Our multi-level site is fully kitted out with coffee machines, play stations, air hockey tables, vending machines and even a quiet sectioned off space for when you need a little time to relax.
- The chance to work for a rapidly expanding fortune 500 company and represent one of the largest technology companies in the world.
- Holistic employee well being program to keep you happy and healthy
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's the highest level of ITIL qualification you have completed?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 3 technical support?
- Do you have a minimum of 3 years experience supporting desktop hardware and software in Mac and Windows-based PC/LAN in a contact centre environment?