Project Manager - Buildings
Advertiser: TOBA ProjectsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
TOBA Projects are trusted strategic advisors and project managers focused on delivering New Zealand's complex energy, infrastructure and building projects. We are a fresh, focussed and nimble newcomer to the Auckland Project Management scene and are already making our mark on New Zealand's landscape by being involved in some of the country's most iconic and cutting-edge projects.
Each of our directors are considered experts in their fields and have over 15 years local and international experience. Having initially met while working in Canada, TOBA was formed over a shared passion for building world class projects in New Zealand. They have created a friendly and relaxed culture with a strong focus on work-life balance. With our young families at home, we are grounded yet driven and have sought to bring this family culture into TOBA.
Due to our ongoing success, we are looking to add to our growing TOBA family.
About our projects
This role is for a Project Manager in the Basebuild and Fitout team delivering exciting vertical projects for our key clients. We are independent Consultant project managers for our clients.
Projects are in the following sectors:
- Residential – apartments, townhouses, subdivisions;
- Commercial – retail shopping centres, strip retail, fitouts;
- Industrial; and
- Sports facilities.
Projects range from $500,000 up to $50m and involve the following:
Large basebuild construction projects on either greenfields or brownfields sites. Involves base build structure as well as civil enabling works and utility services relocations.
Building fitout projects either on a single floor, staged works over multiple floors or over all floors in an entire building including external modifications and civil landscaping works.
Building refurbishment projects.
About the role
The role will involve:
- Responsibility of, and manage all phases of Project Delivery, from initiation through to closeout. An understanding of the PMI/Prince2 Project Delivery approach is helpful, but not necessary;
- Confidently manage and build relationships with all stakeholders such as the client, consultants, contractors, suppliers and partners;
- Assemble and manage design teams;
- Draft and manage programmes;
- Manage budgets;
- Manage the tender process and construction activities;
- Administer Construction contracts. Knowledge of NZS3910 or NZS3916 or similar Construction contracts are helpful, but not necessary;
- Produce high-quality project reports and written correspondence; and
- Travel periodically for project assignments.
Skills and experience
We are looking for an intermediate level project manager with 3+ years' experience working as a Project Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in property/construction/ engineering/Architecture or an experienced technician/trade background who is working in a project management capacity;
- Great communication skills and confidence to be client facing;
- Have excellent written skills;
- A track record of delivering similar projects – large and small; and
- The willingness to be part of a growing team and contribute to the growth of our business.
If you are ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, then please apply!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?