SPORT PRESENTER/ REPORTER FIXED TERM
Advertiser: SKY TVMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Other
We’re Sky, the premier sports broadcasting and entertainment company in New Zealand. We have been connecting New Zealanders to the sport and stories they love for nearly 30 years. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved and are excited about where we are heading. We’re redefining our boundaries and challenging ourselves to do better. We’re moving fast, listening to our customers, creating solutions and taking calculated risks.
We are looking for an experienced Sports Presenter/Reporter.
This role will require a deep and broad knowledge of all sports. Prior television experience will be very beneficial and a strong showreel is essential.
- Planning, researching and writing scripts before filming or broadcast.
- Hosting shows, interviewing guests and connecting with our audience.
- Delivering information to the audience in a manner appropriate to the programme.
- Following detailed instructions from the production team in order to keep everything to plan whilst on air.
- Reading from auto-cues, learning a script or sometimes performing without formal preparation.
- Reacting quickly and positively to any problems or changes.
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’ and ad-lib or deviate from the script when necessary.
- Research and interviewing skills.
- Weekly travel required.
- High levels of concentration and multi-tasking ability.
- Outgoing and confident, with a likeable personality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Calmness under pressure and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Good memory, for recalling facts, figures and scripts.
- An excellent command of English and a clear speaking voice.
- Ability to work well with others in the production team and participants in the programme.
- Comfortable and natural in front of the camera and microphone.
- Ability to get on and connect with people, young and old, from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- A passion about Sky and where we are going
- A positive, solution-oriented approach to challenges and achieving outcomes
- A natural ability to work collaboratively with peers at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally
- Your inquisitive mind, pushing the boundaries with creativity based on consumer insights
- Confidence in working through change and uncertainty
- An openness and enthusiasm for learning from those around you
- A willingness to challenge yourself and the rest of us to listen and learn from our customers and partners
- A strong sense of personal accountability
- An appreciation for our people, the work we do, the lessons we learn, and our drive for excellence
- Kindness, laughter, and FUN
You must be available for an immediate interview and have the right to live and work in New Zealand.