Team Leader - Community Services
Advertiser: Age Concern Taupo IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
About the business
Age Concern is a Taupo-based not-for-profit organisation that delivers a variety of educational, social and support services for seniors. It operate from Waiora House. Our purpose is to promote the quality of life and wellbeing of older people by providing information and services; being an advocate when necessary; and empowering older people to make choices to improve their quality of life. In our work we promote positive ageing. Ageing positively includes physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. People age well when they continue to contribute and participate in society as much as they wish to - with respect and support from their families and community.
About the role
The role is to provide overall leadership of the Age Concern's operation and 2 staff to ensure its effective and efficient functioning in accordance with its Constitution, Policies, Strategic Direction and Contractual Obligations. We are seeking a self-motivated, versatile person with the following attributes:
- A positive attitude and a resourceful approach to challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of initiative and a capacity to work independently
- Ability to formulate and implement existing and new plans and budgets and to motivate staff to achieve them
- Proven organisational skills, including reliability, accuracy, attention to detail and good time management
- A strong knowledge of the New Zealand Health and Welfare system for older people
- Knowledge and understanding of administration procedures and related computer operations, including competence in using Microsoft Office
- Experience with financial management processes; familiarity with Xero an advantage
- Ability to lead, maintain and enhance established networks within the organisation and the community
- A tertiary qualification in management and social services for older people is desirable
- A current full, clean New Zealand Driver's Licence
Benefits and perks
Use of office car. Lovely modern offices, close to town, good parking. Opportunities to grow and develop.
Skills and experience
At the heart of everything Age Concern does is a passion to see older people experience wellbeing, respect, dignity, and to be included and valued. The experience we are looking for is the applicant has leadership skills and a positive attitude and a resourceful approach to challenges.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?