Site Supervisor needed to join our team
Advertiser: Generation HomesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2019
- Waikato, Taupo
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Management
FULL TIME POSITION, TAUPO OR ROTORUA LOCATION
REPORTING TO: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Generation Homes is one of NZ’s top ten home builders who have been delivering customers dreams by making building easy in New Zealand for over 22 years and have built over 5000 homes throughout the country.
Due to growth and projects coming on stream, the Generation Homes Taupo, Rotorua and Kawerau team is looking for a full-time Site Manager to join their busy team. Our team is based in Taupo and are a small team who strive to give our customers the best new home build experience in New Zealand. Travel will be required and a company vehicle and phone is included.
This role will ideally suit a highly motivated and experienced person with a construction background to supervise the delivery of new build projects to our customers.
This role is focused around the day-to-day running of residential build projects, a mix of both single level and multi level stand-alone homes, as well as duplexs . Ideally, you will have at least 5 years building experience and be LBP qualified.
Other requirements include maintaining a strong site presence; manage our clean site policy; ensure compliance with our Health and Safety policies; manage and update Time and Quality Assurance systems; and manage costs on projects against budgets.
You will also need to have:
- Proven ability in supervising residential build projects in New Zealand;
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Experience using CRMs like Microsoft Dynamics would be desirable but not essential;
- Good communication skills and be process driven;
- Experience in liaising with customers and senior management, as well as on-site with contractors and supply partners;
- Ability to read plans and specifications;
- Be self-motivated, results focused, team player;
- Have a sense of humour and contribute to a fun work environment;
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Excellent skill based remuneration package is on offer including company vehicle and phone. You will be required to travel as we build in three key areas across our region - Taupo, Rotorua and Kawerau.
If you think it is time to make the next step in your career and are seeking an opportunity with a company where you can build on your career and develop your skills, please apply.
We are a dedicated team who pride ourselves on working together to ensure that we are meeting our common goal – to make building easy. We roll up our sleeves and pitch in to ensure that we get the job done - and we like to have fun whilst we are doing it! Find out more about our Vision and Values by watching the video below.
Please send applications in writing or apply online here.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
- Have you worked in a supervisor role within the construction industry?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?