Quantity Surveyor - Senior
Advertiser: Mike Greer ArchitecturalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Surveying
Mike Greer Architectural constructs some of New Zealand’s most outstanding bespoke homes. Working with New Zealand’s leading architects, and building in Auckland, Canterbury and Queenstown.
The Mike Greer Group, encompassing Mike Greer Commercial, Mike Greer Architectural and Mike Greer Homes, is one of New Zealand’s largest building companies. Award-winning, the Mike Greer Group is renowned for its outstanding delivery of commercial, architectural and residential construction throughout New Zealand.
We are offering an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor, to join the Mike Greer Architectural team to create these amazing award-winning projects nation-wide.
The role includes:
- Estimating large architectural projects
- Responsive and accurate QS support and delivery throughout the 3910 contracts
- Effective procurement of contractors, suppliers and material
- Efficient pricing, submission and processing of all variations resulting in accurate settlement
- Submission of monthly external progress claims, measurements, payments and invoices
- Compiling accurate and timely estimates for concept plans based on internal pricing methods
- Reporting to both project and branch management
- Limited travel, quarterly basis to Auckland or Queenstown
- Senior QS: 10 + years’ experience in commercial and/or residential pricing
- Diploma In Quantity Surveying (minimum) coupled with relevant experience in 3910 delivery
- Strong working knowledge of the NZ Building Code, NZ Standards (NZS3604:2011, 3910, 3915)
- Ability to lead and implement new systems, report at PCG meetings
- Experienced working with clients and subcontractors
- Intermediate level of computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- competitive remuneration
- subsidised health insurance
- career development
- the support and collaboration of a dedicated team
To apply, please follow the Seek “Apply Now” link.
Applicants must either be a NZ resident or hold a NZ valid work visa.
If you have further questions, you can email Lynn de Cort (National Recruitment) on LDeCort@mikegreerhomes.co.nz. All enquiries treated with confidence.
Please do not submit your applications via email. Only those applications via Seek will be considered.
Please note, this role is NOT open for agency referrals.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a quantity surveyor?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?