Advertiser: Jaychem Industries LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Quality Assurance & Control
This position is responsible for performing laboratory testing for both raw materials and manufactured product as well utilities and facility with adherence to a defined set of quality criteria. In this role, you will analyse Raw Material, Intermediate, Stability samples and/or Finished Products.
This is a permanent position and includes the following one or more of the following duties:
- Ensure all Laboratory Testing is performed according to relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Work Instructions (WIs), Methods and Specifications.
- Lead the following Quality Control principal duties:
- To ensure good housekeeping and 5S methodology is applied to the Laboratory.
- Perform sample management duties to ensure samples are identified, correctly stored, dispatched and tracked for the assigned internal or external laboratory testing including reference and retention samples.
- Communicate with External Laboratories with regards to Bulk and Finished Product testing requirements and results. Request Out of Specification investigation reports where required.
- Ensure safe material handling, storage and stock rotation within the Laboratory.
- Raw Materials – performing identity tests for raw materials.
- Act as a back-up for Quality Control.
- Development of laboratory test methods.
- Responsible for stability programs and set-up and on-going testing requirements.
- To collect bulk product samples for analysis and release to packing.
- To carry out laboratory work and to maintain the integrity of the laboratory itself.
- Sample development of new products.
- Responsible for validation of test methods and cleaning validation testing.
- Ensure all necessary testing is carried out.
- Development of in-house raw material specifications.
- Maintain and protect from loss or damage all Company property entrusted to your care.
- To monitor, conduct and report all calibrations required for adequate functioning of equipment, according to calibration schedule.
- To ensure that departmental SOPs and WIs are accurate and within their review dates.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific discipline.
- Strong quality background in a pharmaceutical environment essential
- Experience of 2-4 years working in a GMP regulated environment in a role directly related or supporting Quality pharmaceutical laboratory.
- Proficient computer skills in WORD, EXCEL.
SKILLS AND APTITUDE:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the strength of character to keep a team focussed on goals and objectives.
- Team player able to focus on departmental goals whilst respecting the needs of others.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Analytical mind set for resolution of problems with ability to understand breakdown/failure root cause to prevent reoccurrence.
- Able to identify opportunities for process & operational improvements and implement appropriate changes to deliver these benefits.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks with potentially conflicting requirements.
Jaychem Industries is a privately-owned New Zealand company and operating since 1979 as contract manufacturers, our reputation has grown to become recognised as manufacturers of quality and innovative personal health and animal health preparations.
Auckland city retains third spot in the global rankings for quality of life. New Zealand continues to offer the world’s highest quality of living and remains an attractive destination for expatriates on assignment, according to Mercer’s annual Quality of Living survey. New Zealand’s natural environment and subtropical climate, stable political and social environment, and good medical and health services are the top three contributing factors.
This is your opportunity to join a positive, strategic and growing company with great work ethic and strong vision for the future. Are you ready to take the next step in your career? We will shortly be holding interviews for the role so apply today to Martin@jaychem.co.nz
Well respected, privately owned company.
GMP Compliance role.
Pharma and Cosmetic manufacturing. Great company culture.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?