Advertiser: Sarin GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2019
- Southland, Invercargill
- $17.70 - $19.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
As Receptionist, you will provide reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall exceptional experience from check-in through check-out and complete audits, as required. A Receptionist contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure an efficient reception experience for Guests, including check in/out, and complete audit procedures, as required
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
- Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
- Demonstrate a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Follow company policies & Procedures
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviour, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Basic level of IT proficiency
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience working in a hotel receptionist role
- Previous experience in cash handling
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Are you available to work public holidays?
- What's your expected annual base salary?