Advertiser: Cats 'n CloverMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Holiday season is approaching and we are looking for two enthusiastic cat lovers to provide excellent care for our fabulous furry guests over December and January.
This position requires a strong love of cats and attention to detail. The majority of time is spent keeping the cat units clean and sanitized; monitoring cat health and behaviour, feeding and medicating. As well as ensuring the needs of our boarding guests are being met (patting, brushing and playing with them).
Experience in cat care is a must. Our Cattery Attendants not only provide excellent care to our guests, they are also the reason our facilities sparkle and smell awesome.
Fixed Term Employment from Mid Dec - Feb 1st. Between 10 - 28 hours over five days per week. You will NOT be required to work on Christmas day or statutory holidays!
- Serve morning meals and fresh water to cat guests; record on boarding chart
- Administer morning medication dose to cats where required; record on medication chart
- Administer flea and worm treatment to cats where required; record on boarding chart
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen immediately following feeding round, including dish-washing and sanitizing counters, carts and applicable work areas
- Ensure food bins are stocked
- Change and sanitize litter trays; record on boarding chart
- Sweep hair and dust out each guest's unit including bedding
- Dispose of pet waste, sweep and restock litter trolley immediately following litter round
- Clean and sanitize cat units after check out
- Sanitize litter trays, dustpans, toys, food and water dishes and bedding between guests
- Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming within the cattery
- Rotate cat guests taking turns in the deck runs
- Communicate with facility manager any health or behavioural concerns observed
- Provide company to animal guests; play with, brush and talk to them
- A keen instinct for animal safety, proper procedure and loving commitment for the cats
- NZ drivers licence, own or access to a vehicle; ability to arrive for shifts on time
- Able to regularly stand for extended periods, bend, kneel and stretch
- Able to lift at least 20kg on occasion
- Able to work in and around cat hair and dander
- Experience understanding feline behaviour and body language and confidence in handling
- Prior experience in a veterinarian's clinic or a hands-on cattery or shelter is a PLUS!
- Qualification in Veterinary Nursing is an even bigger PLUS!
Please send Cover Letter & CV to Renee Winmill: email@example.com before December 8th. We'll respond as soon as we've processed your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- Have you completed a qualification in veterinary nursing?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?