Assistant Director of Sport
Advertiser: Mount Albert Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
This is a unique opportunity to join the staff of one of Auckland’s most successful schools as the Assistant Director of Sport. Mount Albert Grammar School has a long tradition of sport and the school is proud of its success at the highest level, including national titles and top-level representation by current and past students in a number of sports.
This role is supported by the Board of Trustees, Headmaster, Senior Leadership, Director of Sport and experienced staff in the sports department and sports academies.
As Assistant Director of Sport, you will be expected to work with and support the Director of Sport to lead and manage the school’s sport and academy programmes. This position includes strategic and operational oversight of all sport, management of sports players/coaches/managers, working with the wider school community, working within a team which includes Sport Academy Directors and Sports Administrators.
- Experience in sports management
- An understanding of NZ Secondary School Sport
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and be committed to providing a positive sporting experience for all students
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Relates well and responds effectively to students, parents and staff.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills. Able to use initiative and forward planning in order to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate – competency with Microsoft and KAMAR preferable.
- Good English skills, both written and verbal (i.e. spelling and accuracy, ability to draft letters and reports).
- Ability to work and perform well in a sometimes demanding and stressful environment by following set procedures and adhering to school policies and guidelines.
- Team leader and team worker.
- Professional appearance and manner.
This is a full-time position (which includes some weekend work),
Start Date: Late January 2020 (or by negotiation)
Please refer to Join Us under the School section on our website (www.mags.school.nz) for the job description.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Any enquires to Sarah Hayes email@example.com or (09) 815 4038.
Please send your cover letter, completed Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form (available from the Join Us section of the school website) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.