Advertiser: Compass LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2019
- Taranaki, New Plymouth
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
Compass Ltd (trading as Compass Seminars NZ) was established 1999 to fill a gap in the market for regionally based high quality training in the child and youth professional sector. Compass hosts 60-70 training days a year across 11 geographic regions throughout New Zealand. Compass is recognised as New Zealand's leading training provider in this industry and our customer database contains around 29,000 contacts nationally. Compass is managed by its two full time directors, with assistance from a full time administrator, and our Events Coordinator (this position). With employment beginning in late January/early February 2020 the appointee will receive training in all aspects of the role before our 2020 seminar program begins in March.
1. Core Responsibilities:
Operational Coordination of Compass Seminars Training Program.
Overseeing the following:
- Coordinating the planning logistics relating to our seminar programme including venue management, trainer itineraries, and scheduling
- Assisting in the hosting of our events (principally customer service, retail, trainer hosting and room staging roles). On average the appointee will be away for 3 nights (consecutive) every two or three weeks.
- Managing relationships with customers, trainers, venues and suppliers
- Sourcing and retailing merchandise
- Management and ongoing development of the business systems that keep the operation running, including the company website, social media platforms, event management and point of sale software.
- Assisting where required with other initiatives that are being undertaken by the directors in other areas of the business
2. Person Specifics
We require a highly organised person who pays attention to detail in all areas, (particularly their written work and in customer service), with an engaging personality, a positive disposition, and impeccable presentation. They will also require:
- At least 2 years experience of working in a business, events, or education focused environment.
- Clean Drivers licence
- Competent and confident at using Apple and Microsoft Windows/Office applications as well as the main social media platforms
- Able to work independently to meet set deadlines and delegate where required.
- Flexibility to work longer hours when required and to be away from home overnight on a regular basis
- A high level of personal energy and stamina
- The appointee will principally be based in our New Plymouth office although at regular intervals throughout the year will be required to travel and stay overnight at different locations throughout the country
- The appointee will be expected to complete 40 hours per week (usually Monday-Friday). Additional hours will occur from time to time as a result of travel and event hosting responsibilities. Hour for hour time off in lieu is offered for all additional hours worked.
- Given the frequent travel and time away from home this position is unlikely to suit anybody with significant family commitments or existing weekday personal commitments
Compass is a friendly and rewarding place to work. We have a focused,and supportive team . Check our website at www.compass.ac.nz for for information about us.
We're looking for people with a bit of spark, good communication skills, and the creativity and drive to make things happen. If this is you here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short (2-3 minutes) cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, where you're from and why you think you’d be great for this role.
- Create an email to email@example.com (subject: Compass Seminars Events Coordinator Position) and provide the link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format and send it in attached to the same email.
Applications will close when a suitable appointee is found. The ideal start date for the successful applicant will be late January/early February 2020
Any queries should be directed to:
Ph: 06 7591647
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?