Medical Laboratory Scientist
Advertiser: PathlabMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Pathlab Bay of Plenty is a proud member of the wider Pathlab group. Owned and directed by a team of highly experienced, local Pathologists, we are proud of our robust systems and innovative solutions. Our vision drives us to provide world class laboratory services for our clients to ensure patient health and safety at all times.
We have the opportunity for an experienced Scientist to join our team based in the sunny Bay of Plenty. Working in our progressive Histology Laboratory you will be using innovative solutions including the Cerebro laboratory tracking system.
What makes you the ideal candidate?
- A sound knowledge of laboratory operations including; safety, operation of equipment and hands-on practical experience
- Experience across the Histology discipline, including immunohistochemical staining
- High attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- An understanding of biological science as well as knowledge of the techniques, methods and protocols used in cut up or surgical dissection
- Current APC and registration with the Medical Science Council of New Zealand
Your ability to show initiative and work well with others will see you transition seamlessly into our team. With a wealth of experience, and passion for Histology, you won’t be shy in making suggestions when it comes to improving our service. You know that in order to be the best, we need to hire the best, and you are up to the challenge!
In everything we do we are committed to be a company and brand that our employees are proud to be a part of. Our values set out our commitment to service excellence, treating each other with respect and honesty, staying enthusiastic about continuous improvement and respecting our New Zealand heritage, acknowledging the Treaty of Waitangi.
Our staff enjoy discounted membership with healthcare providers, support for continuous development, and a great work-life balance. Whether you enjoy surfing the Pacific, relaxing on the beach, or a bit of retail therapy - your weekends will be well spent in the beautiful Bay of Plenty.
With a supportive and enjoyable work environment on offer, as well as the opportunity to join a world class organisation dedicated to health – what are you waiting for? Apply today!
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to:
Applications Close: 8th December 2019
The Pathology Associates Limited Group is an equal opportunities employer. All applications are strictly confidential and we welcome applications from all qualified persons.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?