Advertiser: Felton IndustriesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Felton Industries was founded on the iconic wall-mounted shower mixer (Feltonmix) and the company continues to develop great shower mixers and tap ware for the New Zealand and offshore markets. The successful candidate will take a senior role in a small team developing new award winning products that plumbers and end users love to install and use.
Day-to-day the Manufacturing Engineer will take a hands on role in:
Designing, manufacturing and implementing assembly fixtures, jigs and test equipment for the Production team.
Manufacture of prototype parts for the Design and Engineering teams
Assembly and production line development
Proactively looking for opportunities to reduce cost and waste
- 2-3 years minimum experience on manual lathes, milling machines, general engineering workshop equipment.
- CNC Milling and/or turning experience
- Trade qualified in Fitting/Turning or Toolmaking ideally
- CAD/CAM and/or CNC programming experience
The ideal candidate will have at least two to three years' experience in a hands on manufacturing engineering role and be comfortable operating workshop equipment without supervision.
Experience with Solid Works & CAM software is ideal as is practical experience programming and or setting a CNC mill. Knowledge of pneumatic systems and PLCs would be useful.
A key part of the role is being able to interact effectively with non-engineers, so exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills are important.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and become a key member of a small team with many opportunities to demonstrate their abilities and deliver value. This role is for a strong engineer confident in their abilities, with a track record to prove it and a desire to achieve even more in the future. They will become part of a Kiwi success story and be a key part of the team that delivers the next generation of iconic Felton products.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- How many years' experience do you have as a machine operator?