Senior Student Advisor
Advertiser: The University of AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
If you are a confident, customer centric professional who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment, this may be the perfect job for you!
It’s a fantastic time to join the team, as these two new positions have been created to support the University Recruitment and Retention activities. You will be the first-point of contact for prospective students keen to develop themselves through further learning, and through a consultative approach will assist students from their initial enquiry through to enrolment.
As part of the advisory process you will play a pivotal role, by providing at times complex career and study related information about University Programmes. As you will be guiding students through the important decision-making process the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people will be key to be successful in this role.
To ensure your success, you will be provided with in-depth training and support from day one.
The role presents fantastic opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Skills and experience
We’re looking for two customer-centric professionals with high levels of perseverance, and resilience to be part of our collaborative team. We take great pride in our work and enjoy celebrating our achievements.
You’re have solid back ground in customer service or sales, ideally gained in a contact centre environment and be able to hit the ground running on their first day.
If you’re looking for variety and a role where you can truly make it your own, then this may be the role for you.
In addition you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the tertiary environment would be beneficial but is not essential as long as you are curious and willing to learn and grow.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act with discretion, as well as a good level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and be technology savvy.
- You will have solid experience gained in either a call centre or sales environment and can demonstrate the ability meet targets and tight deadlines.
- We are seeking individuals who have meticulous attention to detail and are highly organised, with the ability to manage competing demands, multitask and thrive in a truly dynamic environment.
- Clearly and accurately convey complex information and have a positive ‘can do ‘attitude!
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work life balance through.
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum.
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Over 300 different career development courses.
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking and various leisure and recreation services.
For more information on the benefits of working here, see our Staff Benefits page.
How to apply
If you hold the experience requested above and want to work for one of Auckland’s largest employers, please submit your CV with a cover letter outlining what strengths you would bring to this position by the closing date of Sunday, 08 December 2019.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz