Board SecretaryPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Rotorua
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, PA, EA & Secretarial
About the business and the role
Mā te huruhuru, ka rere te manu
With feathers a bird can fly. With good advice, you can prosper.
GHA is a mid-sized Māori chartered accountancy and management consulting firm operating out of Rotorua and servicing clients within the Central North Island rohe and beyond. We provide a full range of accounting, secretarial, management consulting and share register services for our clients.
Due to our clients' continued growth, we require a Board Secretary to join our friendly and supportive team.
Our clients comprise mainly Māori trusts, incorporations, treaty settlement entities, Māori small and medium enterprises and non-government organisations.
We are looking for people who share our values and are committed to helping Māori succeed.
Successful applicants for this role will:
- Share our passion and commitment to Māori development
- Thrive on building trusted relationships with our clients, our team and other stakeholders
- Gain satisfaction from playing a part in the success of our diverse Māori client base
- Value te reo Māori me ōna tikanga in both their professional and personal lives
This is an important support role to our valued clients and includes tasks such as the preparation of board papers for regular board meetings, preparation of annual reports, minute-taking, oral and written communications with and on behalf of boards and senior managers, word processing and general secretarial duties.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Manage client relationships
- Assist clients with the preparation of board papers for board meetings, sub-committee meetings and AGMs
- Attendance and minute-taking at board meetings
- Follow up actions from board meetings
- Preparation and planning of client meetings as required
- Organising travel and logistics on behalf of clients
- Preparation of annual reports
- Develop presentations and other client documents
- Undertake research and investigations
- Oral and written communications with and on behalf of boards and senior managers
- Liaison with other professional advisors
- Engagement with shareholders
- Word processing and general secretarial duties
Skills and experience
The successful applicant for this role will:
- Share our passion and commitment to Māori development;
- Thrive on building trusted relationships with our clients, our team and other stakeholders;
- Have administration or customer service experience;
- Be competent with Microsoft Office;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Be able to handle high pressure environments and multi-task;
- Display honesty and integrity;
- Have attention to detail; and
- Be deadline oriented with excellent time management skills.
Knowledge of and interest in te reo me ona tikanga Māori would be an advantage.
Job benefits and perks
GHA offers good remuneration and professional development in a modern and busy work environment.
You can enjoy world class mountain biking and lakes in the Rotorua locale, with flexi time and a whānau atmosphere.
Please visit www.gha.co.nz to see our wonderful values and team.
Please apply asap and definitely before Friday 5.00pm on 6 December 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have secretarial experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?