- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the business
GHA is a mid-sized Māori chartered accountancy and management consulting firm operating out of Rotorua and Tauranga servicing clients within the Central North Island rohe and beyond. GHA assists a range of organisations by providing a personalised service based on excellent working relationships.
Our clients mainly include Māori trusts, incorporations, treaty settlement entities, small and medium enterprises and non-government organisations. Understanding the needs of our clients and adding value is essential, as their success is our priority.
About the role
Successful applicants for these roles will:
- Thrive on building trusted relationships with our clients, our team and other stakeholders;
- Be prepared to learn new skills and systems; Have good NZ tax knowledge;
- Display excellent communication and time management skills, and attention to detail; Have ability to work under pressure;
- Have 1-3+ years' experience in accounting/finance environment; and
- Share our passion and commitment to Māori development.
In this role you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of clients. The tasks will be varied and will include:
- Preparing annual financial statements; Tax compliance;
- Monthly management accounts; Budgets and forecasts;
- Developing and implementing improved systems with our clients;
- We also undertake a range of interesting value-added services. A role with us will include working on these engagements.
An accounting qualification (either CA, ACA or AT) is preferred but not essential.
Benefits and perks
GHA offers competitive remuneration, professional development support, modern work environments and flexi-time in the sunny Bay of Plenty!
GHA is an Approved Training Employer and will support your steps to becoming an AT, ACA or CA.
Skills and experience
Salary will be commensurate on experience
Please visit www.gha.co.nz to see our wonderful values and team.
Please submit your application as soon as possible and no later than Friday 13th December.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?