Advertiser: Wide Span Sheds Central OtagoMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2019
- Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Building Trades
About Wide Span Sheds Central Otago:
Due to substantial growth we are seeking a full time foreman carpenter to join our team and a great package will be put together for the right candidate depending on skills and experience.
Wide Span Sheds build premium quality, kitset steel buildings from garages and sheds to industrial, farming and commercial buildings. Our values and codes are based on building strong, long-term relationships and effective communication with our customers and team members.
You will be running jobs which are residential and commercial new builds from start to completion, including form works and foundations, framing, cladding, fit out and finishing works. You will be working in with other skilled tradesmen and sub-contractors as well as working autonomously at times. This role is based in Wanaka or Cromwell.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Reading drawings and specifications to determine materials, dimensions and installation steps
- Supervising staff
- Ordering and selecting extra materials
- Cutting materials, and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- Constructing concrete formwork
- Full Class 1 drivers’ licence
- Strong construction experience
- Organisation, time management, and problem solving
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Must be able to work well in a team and independently
- Have your own full kit of tools
- Trade carpentry qualifications-Minimum 5 years’ experience
Come join our awesome team and apply today!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a carpenter?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you have professional carpentry experience?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?