Community Support Workers
Advertiser: The Argo TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- $20 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
The Argo Trust has a beautiful purpose built home located in central Wellington providing support for six people with intellectual & physical disabilities. As we are expanding, we have new opportunities to join our Residential and Vocational Service Teams.
As part of our exciting team, you will assist the residents with all aspects of daily living as well as assistance to participate in community activities. You will enjoy thorough and comprehensive training and support, & the chance to make a difference in other people's lives.
2 positions available in our Vocational Service:
- Monday to Friday 8.30/9 to 4pm - must have full drivers license
Several part-time or full-time positions available in our Residential Service:
- Monday 4pm to 8pm
- Thursday 3pm to 11pm
- Friday 3pm to 11pm and 4pm to 8pm
- Saturday 6.45am to 3pm, 8am to 4pm, 8am to 4pm, 4pm to 8pm and 4pm to 8pm
- Sunday 6.45am to 3pm and 3pm to 11pm
Preference will be given to applicants that have the ability to pick up extra shifts on a casual basis.
If you would like to work in a vibrant organisation who understands that their staff are their most important asset, we would love to speak with you.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Have proven experience in the disability sector - this would be an advantage but not required;
- Are energetic, fit, motivated, able to multi-task;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Have a full clean drivers licence and be confident to drive large vans (one of which is manual). The ability to drive (in the Residential Service) is not necessary but would definately be an advantage.
- Have a level-4 NZ Certificate of Health & Wellness qualification (or equivalent) - this would be an advantage but again, not necessary.
Only applications including both a Cover Letter and CV will be considered. Your cover letter MUST include relevant information for the position. It is expected that applicants know the position and the company they are applying to.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?