Business Improvement Manager
Advertiser: The Recruitment ProjectMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
About the Company
IMG is a privately owned, New Zealand heavy engineering company with over 20 years’ experience in our sector. We specialise in delivering high quality maintenance, manufacturing and project services to a wide variety of clients.
Our ever-growing client base reflects our delivery, integrity and long-term customer focus. We believe we have an exciting future as we embark on a journey to positively challenge the market and further invest in our people, relationships, operations and infrastructure.
About the Role
This is a newly created position following rapid and ongoing growth in the organisation. This role will be involved in the maintenance and improvement of processes and procedures across a variety of business divisions including civil work, plant shuts, hydraulics, heavy diesel and large project work.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, this position is responsible for monitoring and improving our organisational processes with the aim of taking them from response mode to operating as a slick and efficient business in line with ISO9001.
This will include mapping out all workflows, removing waste and low-value activities, and by applying business improvement methodologies recommending appropriate solutions.
You will then take the lead in implementing changes, acting as leader, manager, and mentor throughout different areas of the organisation.
The person we seek will have a solid history and proven success in designing and implementing change in a relevant industrial context.
In addition to your strong problem-solving skills and the ability to clearly express complex ideas you’ll have a firm understanding of process improvement techniques and demonstrable experience in applying these to make organisational changes.
Most importantly your superior interpersonal and communication skills will enable you to secure buy-in from workshop staff and managers for your changes.
• Set overall direction for the team, establishing goals and objectives for individuals and for the wider project improvement team
• ISO 9001- Take a leadership role with ISO 9001 across the business, upskilling and sharing knowledge in a planned way
• Analysing existing business processes using various methods such as gap analysis, PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) to identify loss situations and find opportunities for improvement including determination of root causes
• Providing input to the development of the strategic plan
• Developing and leading the implementation of key projects to deliver to the strategic plan
• Co-ordinating and leading key improvement projects across all levels of the organisation
• Driving continuous improvement as an integral part of IMG’s culture
• To provide our customers (internal and external) services, workmanship and materials which meet or exceed industry standards and agreed specifications
• Support the audit programme
Qualifications and Experience Preferred
• A business-related degree or technical degree
• Ability to apply appropriate process improvement methodologies
• Front line management or other relevant leadership development qualifications
• Project engineering or planning experience
In this potentially career defining role, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a genuinely warm and welcoming team and endless opportunity develop your skillset, both on-the-job and through targeted learning.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks