Risk and Assurance Manager
Advertiser: The Recruitment ProjectMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Analysis & Reporting
About the Company
IMG is a privately owned, New Zealand heavy engineering company with over 20 years’ experience in our sector. We specialise in delivering high quality maintenance, manufacturing and project services to a wide variety of clients.
Our ever-growing client base reflects our delivery, integrity and long-term customer focus. We believe we have an exciting future as we embark on a journey to positively challenge the market and further invest in our people, relationships, operations and infrastructure.
About the Role
This is a newly created position following rapid and ongoing growth in the organisation.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the primary purpose this position is to advise Management of any potential risks that may affect our reputation, safety, security, financial sustainability and existence.
The responsibility includes managing the risks associated to the business, our people, customers, health and safety, financials, processes, reputation, assets and the interests of interested parties.
This role will work across the business providing support and guidance at all levels of the business.
The person we seek will have a solid history and proven success in risk management.
You will be commercially mature, engaging, proactive, energetic and enthusiastic.
Most importantly your superior interpersonal and communication skills will enable you to comfortably convey and cement thoughts, ideas and opinions and influence change
• Plans, designs and implements an overall risk management process for the business
• Conducts risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business using a risk and control matrix
• Supporting the project teams to identify key risks and effective controls to mitigate the effect of the risks
• Develops a business continuity plan enlisting the support of the business, to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong
• Conducts audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors
• Supports Business Improvement Manager to drive a culture of business improvement and take a leadership role with ISO 9001 across the business (ISO 9001 Champion)
• Provides support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization
• To provide our customers (internal and external) services, workmanship and materials which meet or exceed industry standards and agreed specifications
Qualifications and Experience Preferred
• A business-related degree or technical degree
• Several years’ experience as risk analyst in a manufacturing, construction or engineering industry
• Several years’ experience as a risk manager
In this potentially career defining role, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a genuinely warm and welcoming team and endless opportunity develop your skillset, both on-the-job and through targeted learning.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks